Monday, October 1, 2012

Life after two...years that is!

We think Matthew enjoyed turning two. It's been great so far. I wouldn't say the temper tantrums are more than before. We've been working with Matthew to use his words instead of getting himself worked up...still a work in progress! His language skills have vastly improved. He can string words together (So many cars! Xennie, Lam Lam and Cindy Lou mad! - he reports to me when his teachers discipline him at school!)and actually have a conversation with you once in a long while! Just the other day, daddy asked Matthew to brush his teeth. Matthew's reply was a "no.". Dad asked "why not?" and our 2 year old's response was "I'm eating bunnies!" Duh, daddy! Just incredible! His comprehension is building as well and it's so amazing to see with my very own. I've seen these milestones with many other children before but seeing it with my very own, it's just out of this world! So Matthew knows he's only allowed to suck his thumb when he's sleeping. James and Po-Po are very strict with not allowing this in the car where I'm a little more lenient and the little guy sure knows I'm the more easy one on this one! But since daddy doesn't demand many things, I thought I would comply as well. So one day we were driving home from school and I looked back to Matthew. Indeed he had his wee little thumb in his mouth and he was sucking away. At the stop light, I turned around again to see that it was still in his mouth and I said to him "Matthew, thumb out please". He turned to me with his thumb still in his mouth, "I'm sleeping!" and then he closed his eyes!!! Holy cow, I almost stopped the car to give him a giant squeeze for being so incredibly cute and smart for putting the two together! So now, whenever I turn around to see if he has his thumb in his mouth and he sees me look at him, he'll automatically close his eyes and pretend he's sleeping! It'll just be our little secret! This weekend, we enjoyed a very fun and tiring family filled day. First we parked at Metrotown, then skytrained to Science World to meet up with Connor and his family. My cousin got us this awesome coupon which allowed up to 5 adults admission. This coupon was worth over $100 and we only paid $15 for it! I'm hoping to find a good deal to somehow get a family membership to Science World (and the aquarium!) We think Matthew enjoyed his time there. We were there just after 10am and left just before 1pm. There was so much to do and we only visited two sections. I love how hands on things are at Science World. I definitely will go back for a visit with Matthew. Then we sky trained to to sea bus terminal to go to the North Shore. There, we ate at my favourite seafood place (Screaming Mimi's). Before that, we walked up Lonsdale to pick up a pull pork sandwich. Apparently this place was famous for it based on James' research. He enjoyed it and felt sick after cause he ate too much! Then we sea bused it back to downtown to shop around. After that we just went back to Metrotown. What an exhausting day! But I think because we did so much for Matthew, I really, really enjoyed my weekend. I think James did too but he desperately wanted a nap before dinner! Then last night, we invited my whole family over for dinner. Uncle Fat Bear was in town (so cute to hear Matthew calling him that in Chinese!!!) Matthew seems to really enjoy people coming over as he goes crazy and is extra happy running around. Our place is coming along. We finally have a tv now! I haven't watched anything yet and probably won't until next Monday when my shows start again. It has been more weird to have a TV after two months of not having one than having one! It definitely feels more like home. I'm getting extremely excited for our first Christmas at our new place. I love that we have a chimney/fireplace so I can pretend that Santa has come through when Matthew's old enough to know. Until next time! About the pics: Matthew is very helpful. He enjoys watering the lawn and especially vacuuming. His also has a love for milkshakes but little does he know they are super healthy homemade smoothies.

No comments:

Post a Comment