Sunday, May 13, 2012

Day two of seven - first full day at the happiest place on earth

We arrived at Disneyland around 9:30am to join in on the 30 minute long line to get into Disneyland. James had purchased a three day hopper pass that allowed us to have access for Disneyland, California Adventures and Downtown Disneyland. With a tip from my bro, we used the first two days for Disneyland and then waited till the weekend (Friday) to go to California Adventures as he said Disneyland will be much less busy on weekdays. Indeed he was right. Most of the line up times for rides were approximately 20 minutes long which apparently is nothing compared to when it's peak season which could be an estimated 60 minute line per ride! We learned about Fast Pass at the end of our trip. We thought we had to pay for this addition but now we know that if you go to the ticket booth for each ride, it will issue you a time to come back which you then line up in a shorter line up for the ride. There's no additional fee. We'll do this next time. The first ride we went on was Pirates of the Caribbean. James ensured that it was a safe ride for Matthew and I (who hates any sort of dips/roller coaster type rides). After 15 years of being with me, you'd think James would know my hate for these kinds of rides. I reluctantly lined up for this ride even though I had a feeling that both Matthew and I wouldn't enjoy it. The good thing was that there was barely a line up for this ride as the park just opened. We hopped onto the boat, and got comfy. Matthew started whining quietly as the boat ride started and it was getting darker and darker...then splash! A big dip! Matthew then whined loudly and I was bickering at James for picking this ride right when another big splash and another bigger dip came! Oh boy, was I pissed! Not only am I terrified of this ride, I'm trying to sing twinkle, twinkle little star to calm my little toddler without losing sight of the fact that I'm pissed at James for suggesting this ride! Finally, after what seemed like a 30 minute ride, we were off! At this point, I had taken James off the duty of choosing rides for the rest of the day. Then James excitedly encouraged us to go on the Winnie the Pooh honey adventure which was right next to the last ride. As much as I hate waiting in lines, I didn't care that others were hurrying passed us to line up as I stopped and quizzed the ride attendant of what we can expect on this ride. After my interrogation, we hoped on. Matthew was a bit scared as most of the ride was loud and dark. Poor little guy, we must have traumatized him! After this ride, we decided to go on the rides that were outdoors to determine what the little guy likes. And indeed we figured it out right away - outdoor rides where he can see what's happening is more his speed. We went on the Dumbo ride, Madhatter Tea Cup ride, the carousel, and the train ride that took us all around the park. He's very big on trains or what he likes to call it - "choo-choos". We also went on the Toy Story ride which was under repair the previous day. This ride was indoors where you get a gun and got to shoot at things. Matthew didn't enjoy it as much as it was inside and loud. We watched the 7:00pm parade and had dinner on the side lines - burgers again. Surprise, surprise as we've only been here for two days and I've already consumed two burgers. Matthew really enjoyed this parade and wanted to get up and dance. He was very good at finishing his dinner and then asking to get out of his stroller so he can bop to the music. After the parade, we went on the carousel again before we headed home. Again Matthew went down no problem.

No comments:

Post a Comment